Kimberly Wilkins attended Indiana University and received a Bachelor of Science degree in Public Affairs in 1985. Ms. Wilkins then attended Valparaiso University School of Law where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 1988. While at Valparaiso , she was an editor of the Law Review, a justice on the Honor Court and a member of the Jessup International Moot Court Team.
As one of the founding members of Lewis And Wilkins LLP, Ms. Wilkins brings a solid litigation and appellate foundation to the firm. She spent the first 13 years of her career in Chicago, where she honed her skills in representing physicians and hospitals in medical malpractice cases.
In 2001, Kimberly Wilkins returned to her hometown of Indianapolis, where she has replanted her roots. She served as Deputy Attorney General for Attorney General Steve Carter for several years, representing Indiana agencies, including the Department of Child Services and the Family and Social Services Administration. Upon founding Lewis And Wilkins LLP, Ms. Wilkins has focused on the needs of families, representing both men and women in divorce, paternity, child support/custody, and other family law matters. She also represents children for the courts in her role as a guardian ad litem. Kimberly Wilkins is one of the pioneers in the field of parenting coordination, and offers full parenting coordination services to parents. In addition, she provides services as a registered Domestic Relations Mediator.
- Indiana State Courts, Indiana Northern and Southern District Courts
- Illinois State Courts, Illinois Northern and Southern District Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
Speeches and Publications
- Note, Educational Malpractice: A Cause of Action in Need of a Call to Action, 22 Valparaiso U.L. Rev. 427 (1988). Wilkins, K., Caldwell, L., The Jailbait Juror and Other Tales of Jury Misconduct , 21 Northern Illinois U.L. Rev. 379 (2001).
- Guest Lecturer for American College of Surgeons
Memberships and Activities
- Registered Collaborative Law practitioner, 2007 – present
- Parenting Coordinator, SAIF (Seminars for Advanced Interdisciplinary Family Professionals) trained and registered, 2007 – present
- Registered Domestic Relations Mediator, 2007 – present
- Indianapolis Bar Association Family Law Section, Executive Committee Resource Guide Subcommittee, 2006 – present
- Indianapolis Bar Association Editorial Board, 2006 – present
- Indiana Bar Association, 2002 – present
- Volunteer Guardian Ad Litem, Kids’ Voice of Indiana, 2007 – present
- Chicago Bar Association, Co-Chair of Federal Trial Bar Training Course, 1994 – 1996