Lewis And Wilkins LLP has decades of experience in Governmental Services. The firm’s lawyers have worked closely with all types of public entities, including Indiana state agencies, municipalities, counties, and school districts.
Lewis And Wilkins LLP provides public and private clients with an array of services involving local, state, and federal governments. The firm’s attorneys collectively draw upon their extensive experience in many areas of governmental representation, including general governmental law, public sector litigation, and general counsel services. The firm has lawyers that are former Marion and Madison County deputy prosecutors, former Indiana Deputy Attorneys General, Indianapolis City-County Council minority caucus attorney, former City of Lawrence redevelopment commission attorney, former City of Gary city attorney, Special Deputy Attorney General, and former Indiana Senate assistant majority caucus session attorney to name a few examples. The firm has represented clients in an extensive list of litigation involving units of government and schools. Additionally, certain lawyers in the firm have experience in government policy think tanks.
Representative matters include:
- Worker Compensation representation.
- Litigation in federal and state courts.
- Drafting employee policies and handbooks.
- Risk management, liability and insurance issues.
- Land use and zoning.
- Litigation in state courts representing the Indiana State Fair Commission and Indiana State Police in the 2011 Indiana State Fair Stage Collapse.
- Extensive representation of Indianapolis police officers, State Troopers, and Correctional Officers.
- Litigation as a Police Merit Board civil prosecutor.
- Board and Council general counsel services.
- Counsel on public records and public meetings.
- Extensive experience with the Indiana Tort Claims Act.